Work OrdersDuring regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PRHA residents must call the Housing Managers office to place a work order. After business hours emergency work orders (only) can be placed by calling (804) 733-2222. PRHA Residents will be assessed charges for labor performed by PRHA’s Maintenance Staff, as well as, for replacement parts and household equipment necessitated by tenant-caused damage. Please visit the link below for a list of the charges. Please allow up to three (3) business days for maintenance to respond to non-emergency work orders.
EmergenciesPRHA may elect NOT to render maintenance services after regular maintenance working hours (M-F 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM) unless it is an emergency work order. Emergency work orders may be placed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the event of a fire or gas leak, please call 911. A list of emergencies is listed below.
- Break-in or vandalism leaving the unit unsecure.
- Electrical sparks from a switch/receptacle.
- Gas leaks.
- No electricity in a unit.
- No heat in unit provided that the outside temperature is 30o or less.
- No water in unit.
- Noise(s) in the boiler room.
- The activation of PRHA’s fire/security alarm.
- Sewer stoppages that are overflowing or affecting other units.
- Water leaks that cannot be cut-off or controlled.
- Elevator stuck at Gillhaven Manor, Washington Columns and Sycamore Towers.
- Residents locked out of their unit (applicable only to elderly buildings).
- Air conditioners not working (applicable only to elderly buildings) when the outside temperatures are 85° or above.